Liguorian Author Guidelines
To have freelance manuscripts considered for publication in Liguorian magazine, please observe the following guidelines:
- Articles must not exceed 2,200 words. Personal essays should be limited to 1,000. Fiction submissions should be approximately 2,000 words. Style and vocabulary should be popular and readable. Use an interest-grabbing opening, state why the subject is important to readers, use examples, quotes, anecdotes, make practical applications, and end strongly.
- Liguorian does not consider simultaneous submissions or articles previously accepted or published.
- Seasonal articles and stories must be received 8 months in advance.
- Manuscripts should be submitted electronically via e-mail attachment in Microsoft Word to email@example.com or on CD to Liguorian, Attn: Managing Editor; One Liguori Drive, Liguori, MO 63057. Please indicate the word count of your submission and the category intended: personal essay, or feature and whether it is fact or fiction. Be sure to include your full name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- For all quoted material from any source, please send a photocopy of the source cover and copyright page and page(s) containing the quoted material to Liguorian, One Liguori Drive, Liguori, MO 63057.
- Please allow 8 to 12 weeks for our response. All manuscripts accepted for publication will have been critiqued by at least three readers. Many that are not accepted will have been read by as many people.
- Liguorian assumes no responsibility for damaged or lost material. Please keep a copy of your manuscript.
- Manuscript submissions are paid at a rate of 12-15 cents per published word upon acceptance.
Your manuscript stands a better chance of acceptance if it is neatly presented, carefully polished, and on a topic of special interest to our readers. Liguorian receives more than 50 manuscripts each month. Many must be returned though they may be well written and have merit.
Submit your proposal for a Liguorian article via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors are advised to read and study several issues of Liguorian before submitting articles. To obtain a sample copy, send a self-addressed 9″ by 12″ envelope with three first-class stamps.